Athletics is an integral part of the total educational experience at Ridgefield High School. It is our goal to build a strong, unified athletics program where athletes, coaches, parents, and community members work together as partners to provide our students with a positive and rewarding experience.
We have a great team of passionate and dedicated coaches who understand our athletics program is about more than just competition and winning. We encourage our athletes to strive for excellence and perform at their highest level both academically and athletically. Our athletics program encourages student-athletes to realize their potential and develop strong moral character, self-confidence, and valuable leadership skills.
Greetings from the Ridgefield High School Athletic Department! As the fall season rapidly approaches, we have the pleasure of announcing a significant change in our athletics registration process for the 2017-2018 school year.
Beginning Monday, July 24, parents will complete all sports registrations online through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Parents can register their child for a fall sport by accessing the "High School Page Links" tab on the lower left side of the screen. From there, you must select each of the following links and complete these steps:
On the "Athletic Registration and Consent" page:
- Select the sport
- Sign the six required online forms (3 for parents, 3 for students)
- Click "Submit" in the upper right corner
On the "Online Emergency Treatment Form" page:
- Verify the contact information or make changes as needed
- Input Insurance information
- Digitally sign the bottom of the form
- Click "Submit"
As in years past, physicals are valid for 13 months and each athlete must have a valid physical on file in the health office. Please submit hard copies of updated physicals to either the athletic office or the health office.
After final team selections have been made, we will collect the pay-to-participate fees for all sports through online payments. You will receive an e-mail indicating how to make this payment if/when we select your child for a team.
The final link, "Athletic Information" allows you to view all registration information.
Please contact the RHS Athletics Office at (203) 894.5750 with any questions regarding athletic registration.
2018-2019 Fall Sports Key Dates
Monday, August 20, 2018 - RHS Fall Athletics Team Kick-Off Meeting
- 6:30 p.m. in the RHS auditorium
- 7:15 p.m. team break-out sessions
- We encourage all student athletes and their parents to attend this meeting to meet Dane Street, RHS director of athletics and learn his mindset about high school athletics. He will also cover some of the nuts and bolts of the day-to-day operations of the department and explain some of the processes and procedures that pertain to all of our sports. Following the full group session there will be breakout sessions throughout the building for each of the individual programs for coaches to share information about their program including the tryout schedule and process, as well as answer questions from students and parents.
First Day of Fall Tryouts/Practices
Monday, August 13
Thursday, August 23
- Boys Cross Country
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Swim/Dive
- Girls Volleyball
- Fall Cheerleading
- Fall Dance