Athletics is an integral part of the total educational experience at Ridgefield High School. It is our goal to build a strong, unified athletics program where athletes, coaches, parents, and community members work together as partners to provide our students with a positive and rewarding experience.
We have a great team of passionate and dedicated coaches who understand our athletics program is about more than just competition and winning. We encourage our athletes to strive for excellence and perform at their highest level both academically and athletically. Our athletics program encourages student-athletes to realize their potential and develop strong moral character, self-confidence, and valuable leadership skills.
Parents will complete all sports registrations online through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
To register your child in PowerSchool:
- Access the "High School Page Links" tab on the lower left side of the screen.
- On the Athletic Registration and Consent page
- Check the six boxes indicating that you & your child have read the three required online forms and agree to their contents (three for parents, three for students)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the sport from the drop-down menu
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page
- On the Online Emergency Treatment Consent page
- Verify the contact information or make changes as needed
- Input Insurance information
- Select "Yes" in the drop-down box at the bottom of the form
- Digitally sign and date the bottom of the form
- Click "Submit"
The Athletic Pay-to-participate fee of $225/athlete must be paid prior to the first day of tryouts/practices. To complete your payment:
- Navigate to the Revtrak Web Store using the link in the left column
- Login to the Revtrak Web Store using your username and password
- Instructions on using the RevTrak Web Store are included in the summer packet
Note: The district does offer fee waivers in certain circumstances - an athletics waiver form is available.
Physicals are valid for 13 months and each athlete must have a valid physical on file in the health office. Please submit hard copies of updated physicals to either the athletics office or the health office.
Q: How do I verify that I have completed all the necessary steps?
A: The final link on the "High School Page Links" tab entitled "Athletic Information" allows you to view the status of all registration information in regards to required forms
Q: How do I know if my child's physical is valid?
A: On the "Athletic Information" page (see the answer above), the Date of Last Physical that we have on file is listed. Physicals are "valid" for 13 months from that date.
Q: I cannot get into the RevTrak Web Store... what can I do?
A: First, note that your username/password for the RevTrak Web Store may be different from your PowerSchool Parent Portal login information. For other assistance, refer to the instructions in the summer packet.
Q: How do I know my payment has been processed?
A: Once you make a payment through the RevTrak Store, you will receive a confirmation email. This may take until August 1 to arrive.
Q: What if my child does not make the team/chooses not to participate? How do I get a refund?
A: Students who do not make a team or choose not to participate can receive a refund of the PTP fee. In this case, please contact the athletic department.
Q: I registered my child for one sport but wants to switch to a different sport... how do I do this?
A: This is a change that only the athletic department staff can make. Please contact the athletic department.
Looking forward to a fantastic season! Go Tigers!
2019–2020 Winter Sports Key Dates
Winter sports registration will open in the Power School Parent Portal on Friday, November 1, 2019.
RHS Winter Athletics Team Kick-Off Meeting will be on Tuesday, November 19, 2019.
- 6:30 p.m. in the RHS Auditorium
- 7:15 p.m. - Team break-out sessions
- We encourage all student athletes and their parents to attend this meeting to meet Dane Street, RHS director of athletics and learn his mindset about high school athletics. He will also cover some of the nuts and bolts of the day-to-day operations of the department and explain some of the processes that pertain to all of our sports. Following the full group session there will be breakout sessions throughout the building for each of the individual programs for coaches to share information about their program including the tryout schedule and process, as well as answer questions from students and parents.
First Day of Winter Tryouts/Practices
Monday, November 25
- Girls Ice Hockey
Monday, December 2
- Boys Ice Hockey
- Girls Basketball
- Boys/Girls Ski
Thursday, December 5
- Boys Basketball
- Boys Indoor Track
- Girls Indoor Track
- Boys Swim/Dive
Athletics Department Program Manager, Stadium Manager
Athletics Department Paraprofessional