Athletics is an integral part of the total educational experience at Ridgefield High School. It is our goal to build a strong, unified athletics program where athletes, coaches, parents, and community members work together as partners to provide our students with a positive and rewarding experience.
We have a great team of passionate and dedicated coaches who understand our athletics program is about more than just competition and winning. We encourage our athletes to strive for excellence and perform at their highest level both academically and athletically. Our athletics program encourages student-athletes to realize their potential and develop strong moral character, self-confidence, and valuable leadership skills.
2020 Winter Sports Update (as of 11/12)
The CIAC Board of Control is meeting on November 17 to make final decisions relative to winter sports. Once their information has been released we will move forward with the planning for winter sports. It is possible that some winter sports will not be happening in the traditional winter season. Updated athletics information will be shared as it is known.
Important Note: During the early stages of the pandemic the CIAC and state health officials determined that sports physicals would be considered valid for 15 months from the date of the exam. This is no longer the case. Beginning with the winter sports season, the traditional rules regarding sports physicals are again in place. Specifically, physicals for athletics purposes are considered valid for 13 months from the date of the exam.
Parents will complete all sports registrations online through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
To register your child in PowerSchool:
- Access the "High School Page Links" tab on the lower left side of the screen.
- On the Athletic Registration and Consent page
- Check the six boxes indicating that you & your child have read the three required online forms and agree to their contents (three for parents, three for students)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the sport from the drop-down menu
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page
- On the Online Emergency Treatment Consent page
- Verify the contact information or make changes as needed
- Input Insurance information
- Select "Yes" in the drop-down box at the bottom of the form
- Digitally sign and date the bottom of the form
- Click "Submit"
The Athletic Pay-to-participate fee of $225/athlete will be assessed once tryouts are completed and teams have been assigned.
Note: The district does offer fee waivers in certain circumstances - an athletics waiver form is available.
Physical Examination Form
A current physical examination form is required for participation in the RHS Athletics program. Athletics physicals are valid for 13 months after which time a new physical exam is required.
There are two physical forms that will be accepted by the RHS Athletics Department. They are the Ridgefield High School Physical Examination Form or the State of CT Health Assessment form. All grade nine and transfer students should submit the State of CT Health Assessment form as it is required for enrollment at RHS.
Physical Examination forms can be submitted:
- Via email to the RHS Health Office or faxed to the RHS Health Office at (203) 894-3737. It can take up to 48 hours for electronically submitted forms to be posted in PowerSchool. Note that forms should not be emailed to any other email addresses or fax numbers as receipt cannot be guaranteed. Hard copies of forms submitted electronically should be mailed to RHS.
- By mail to RHS, 700 North Salem Road, Ridgefield, CT 06877 to the attention of the Health Office.
- Students may also bring forms to the SLO/Athletics Office and drop them off in the box marked "RHS Athletics Physicals".
Forms received by mail or brought to the SLO/Athletics office will be posted in Powerschool upon receipt. Parents will not be permitted to bring forms into the building.
Q: How do I verify that I have completed all the necessary steps?
A: The final link on the "High School Page Links" tab entitled "Athletic Information" allows you to view the status of all registration information in regards to required forms
Q: How do I know if my child's physical is valid?
A: On the "Athletic Information" page (see the answer above), the Date of Last Physical that we have on file is listed. Physicals are "valid" for 13 months from that date.
Q: I cannot get into the RevTrak Web Store... what can I do?
A: First, note that your username/password for the RevTrak Web Store may be different from your PowerSchool Parent Portal login information. For other assistance, refer to the instructions in the summer packet.
Q: How do I know my payment has been processed?
A: Once you make a payment through the RevTrak Store, you will receive a confirmation email.
Q: What if my child does not make the team/chooses not to participate? How do I get a refund?
A: Students who do not make a team or choose not to participate can receive a refund of the PTP fee. In this case, please contact the athletic department.
Q: I registered my child for one sport but wants to switch to a different sport... how do I do this?
A: This is a change that only the athletic department staff can make. Please contact the athletic department.
Looking forward to a fantastic season! Go Tigers!